Monday, May 25, 2009

Kha-nom Mo Gaeng/Khanom mor kang (Egg Custard Pudding)

Kha-nom Mo Gaeng is one of our famous Thai dessert. Maybe you have a question why Thai people choose palm sugar for all kind of food, especially when we cook Thai dessert. Palm sugar has a nice color and odor, and of course its unique taste with high cholesterol. No wonder I am getting fat!

2 cups coconut cream
6 duck's eggs
1 tbsp. wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 and 1/4 cup palm sugar
1 cup fried onion (slice onion thinly and fried until it turn brown)
Methods
1. Well mix the coconut cream, palm sugar and wheat flour.
2. In a different bowl, beat duck's eggs and then add salt.
3. Mix number 1 and 2 altogether in a pot. Then, cook it with medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Next, move it from the pot into a bowl.
5. Put the bowl in cooking oven with 350F for 35 minutes or until the surface turn to brown.
6. Top with fried onion.












2 comments:

Yohanes said...

Hello. I am Indonesian and being in Thailand right now. First time I find Kha nom Mo Gaeng on the way from Cha-Am beach. It is delicious. I will try your recioe when I am back.

essay best said...

Yummy!! I love desserts.In my opinion you should eat dessert first before meal because life is unpredictable;)any ways this one looks so tasty and palatable.I'll try it for sure..thanks for sharing